Monday, April 4, 2011

The sublime and the silly

Having a bit of trouble getting going this Monday morning...more snow, how depressing.

Anyway, I was just letting the iTunes run on random and Robbie Basho came up, so I thought I'd see if there was anything the web. He was, as you possibly know, one of the true masters of the steel string acoustic, a primary inspiration to James Blackshaw and an all-around amazingly spiritual player...he died young. His name is a tribute to the Japanese poet. A German guitarist named Stephan Basho-Jungans has now taken his name, so the circle continues to roll...anyway, lovely, wonderful stuff, highly recommended.




On a wholly frivolous note -- and please don't expect any more talking babies on my site, this is special -- here's a very funny bit from Conan. I've watched it maybe five times and it makes me laugh out loud every time. Especially the part about the fridge.

No comments: