Friday, April 29, 2011

Jeff Buckley

I've been listening to Grace for a few different reasons lately. I started because I was reviewing the new Gary Lucas disc, The Ordeal of Civility, and I wanted to hear him play with Buckley again. And then I was reviewing Wild Beasts' Smother, and I wanted to see if their voices were really similar or just both high and full of vibrato. (I think there's more to it, actually.) And then once I started listening to it, it became not about those reasons and more about the fact that this is a wonderful, wonderful album and it's been way too long since I spent time with it.

So, happy Friday, and let's not be maudlin about it. (Personally, all I ever had access to was the records, and they're still here...) Here he is performing "Mojo Pin" in Chicago in 1995.

No comments: