Monday, March 23, 2009

my last night in austin...at least for this year

so I'm getting back to normal, not drinking beer until after it's dark, trying to stop using the F word so much, not asking random people if they've seen anything good (though it's kind of an interesting experience to do this, say, in the gas station and see what happens)...i had pretty much decided I was too old to even consider going to SXSW next year (at Beerland, one kid asked me if I had a daughter, which I think meant that I was pretty hot for an old hag...or something), but now I want to go again, like immediately. It's pretty disgraceful. My ears haven't even stopped ringing yet.

Anyway, I thought I'd post the link to my last night write-up which was, in some ways, the best of all, not really musically but just in terms of overall atmosphere and joy and complete lack of pony-tailed old men talking on their cell phones.

Here it is.

3 comments:

Syd The Squid said...

have a safe landing me dear!... i've loved ALL your writings... vicariously there at least... next year...

jenniferpkelly said...

Thanks Michael. I'm never sure what I'm doing when I write these things...it seems like babbling a good bit of the time. I hope you do go next year. I think you'd really like it. (It's probably more fun if you don't have to get up in the morning and write about everything.)

Syd The Squid said...

i bet!