Monday, November 7, 2011

Agent Ribbons

A week or so ago, i put on the two disc Friend of Friends compilation from the Tender Loving Empire label, 47 tracks in all, and, to be honest, most of it pretty high on the "meh" factor. However, There is one cut on the second disc that has caught my attention, called "I'm Alright" by Agent Ribbons.

Agent Ribbons is not, technically, a Tender Loving Empire artist. They're on the uniformly excellent Antenna Farm instead, and Antenna Farm is, very generously, sharing this track.

"I'm Alright"

I won't bother you with the other 46.

Hey, it's my birthday. It's a big round one, too (hint, the last one that is a factor of 100 until I actually hit 100, if I am so lucky) ...one that may just tip me over into the "too old to write about music" category, I don't know.

I'm still younger than Michael Gira, Thurston Moore, Ian MacKaye...but older than pretty much everyone else.

Yikes.

6 comments:

Syd The Squid said...

happy birthday from another who is older than you!

jenniferpkelly said...

Thank you...I got the new Murakami for my birthday, so I will have to hang around in decrepitude for at least as long as it takes to finish it. Maybe another year?

Anyway, wine, lasagne, carrot cake, new books...could be worse.

Jean-Luc Garbo said...

Still younger than Murakami and Nick Cave, though :)

jenniferpkelly said...

That's true.

Happy birthday to you, too, Andrew. (It's today, right?)

Jean-Luc Garbo said...

Friday, but thank you!

Cody B said...

Happy Birthday..from a way younger (2 years) person.