Thursday, June 18, 2009

Prolapse live…1996

Flipping through the bins yesterday at the used record store, I came across Prolapse’s Italian Flag, which reminded me all over again what a great band this was. Not much of an internet trail, but I did find this video of Prolapse performing live at the Abbey Park Festival in Leicester in 1996. The sound’s not great, and there’s only one camera, but damn, doesn’t this look like a fun place to be? (If you don’t get hurt…) Be patient, there’s about a minute of farting around before they get going.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Good god do I ever love The Italian Flag - definitely one of my top twenty favourite albums of all time. It's fucking perfect. Backsaturday is pretty good too (Mick Derrick once noticed I'd included "Framen fr Cesar" in a Stylus top ten, and emailed me to tell me the title came from an anagram of "Frances Farmer"), and I still need to hear/buy Ghosts of Dead Aeroplanes.

jenniferpkelly said...

I have Ghosts of Dead Aeroplanes somewhere...maybe we can trade. I don't have Italian Flag. Though, obviously, I could do the honest thing and buy it.

Great band, though.

Ian said...

Well, you probably will want to buy it, but in the meantime I would be happy to trade (and more importantly, really need to get my hands on GoDA, if you wouldn't mind sending it...).

francksauzee said...

What a great band. I only saw them live once and there was a stage invasion then as well. Maybe it's a Prolapse tradition. I've got the first album, Pointless Walks To Dismal Places, if either of you are missing that one.

jenniferpkelly said...

Hi, Simon, yes, I thought I remembered you being a fan. I'd love to hear anything called Pointless Walks to Dismal Places...it seems like such a dead-on description of my life.:)

Ian, I'm going to find Ghosts tonight and zap it over tomorrow when I have broadband.