Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Subsonics' In the Black Spot

What a freaking great garage scene they've got in Atlanta, however much it gets ignored in favor of hip hop. I am streaming, right now, the late 2012 latest from the Subsonics In the Black Spot, a Dolls-ish, T. Rex-ish, Cramps-ish vortex of punk and glam and a little rockabilly. Black Lips, who are really no slouch themselves, called the Subsonics the "best band in Atlanta." My first SXSW, I was sitting around in a hotel room with a bunch of people trying to figure out what to do, and somebody said "Subsonics" and I went, but only because I thought they said "Sonics," which is a whole different thing.

So yeah, check it out.


3 comments:

Matzohball77 said...

Hey you have good taste. One of my fave records this year. Shot this video at sxsw this year...http://youtu.be/UfAxqZqPYR4 This band deserves to be more popular...listen up kids!

Matzohball77 said...

Hey you have good taste. One of my fave records this year. Shot this video at sxsw this year...http://youtu.be/UfAxqZqPYR4 This band deserves to be more popular...listen up kids!

jenniferpkelly said...

Thanks...and thanks for the link, too.