Monday, November 15, 2010

Botany

Hello, happy Monday…we had a nice quiet weekend, watched the last DVD of season two of Fringe, which I enjoyed very much, and the movie Rent which was bloody awful and about twice a long as it needed to be. Am I hallucinating, or was this the musical that was supposed to save Broadway? It sucked.

Anyway, I have a small-ish review up at Blurt of an EP by a one-person outfit called Botany, which was really lovely and a total pleasure to review.

Picture Botany's music unfurling like a brightly colored scarf, silky smooth and light in the breeze, vaguely sensual in the most abstract of ways, full of diaphanous textures that brush against you without any sense of friction at all. This five-song EP jingles with bells, blossoms with bubbly keyboards, percolates with gentle rhythms, its abstract narratives as often carried by tropical birdcalls as by angelically altered voices.

More


“Feeling Today”
“Agave”

I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this, but I’m running the Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday, very excited about doing a new one and getting to spend a little time in Philadelphia.

Oh, and sad news, I think my laptop has died, so no more DLs for me for a while, at least until I have enough money for another one.

2 comments:

Syd The Squid said...

good luck with the run...

jenniferpkelly said...

Oh, thanks, pretty silly, isn't it?