Thursday, June 3, 2010

So, today is Teenage Fanclub day

My review of the new one, Shadows, which I probably like a little more now than when I wrote this two weeks ago, runs today in Dusted.

I opined:

“More or less a generation past landmark albums like Catholic Education and, especially, Bandwagonesque, comes album No. 9, Shadows, with all of the lush melodic sensibility of earlier material, but none of the grit and friction.

The review
http://www.dustedmagazine.com/reviews/5607

I can’t find any media from the current album, but here’s some footage of them doing an interview and then performing “Everything Flows”


I also reviewed Norman Blake today for Blurt, and he was really nice and quite interesting, and has a really cool Scottish accent, though I may have some difficulties with that as I transcribe…

No comments: