Saturday, May 30, 2009

Richard Bishop

I don't usually post on weekends, but my Richard Bishop interview just went up lasdt night at FlavorWire, the latest of my unpaid writing gigs...the good thing about this one is that it only took about a week and a half, from assignment to web posting, and also that Richard Bishop is so amazing and they said okay anyway unlike some websites I could mention...but won't.

Anyway, here's a link to the story


Also, wish me luck. I'm running the Pack Monadnock 10 miler tomorrow morning, a scenic jaunt through southern new hampshire that ends with a 1.3 mile climb up Pack Monadnock...not as big as actual Monadnock, the tallest mountain in SWNH, but still a big hill. I'm in reasonably good shape considering it's not even June yet, but maybe not that good. We'll see.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Woof. Good luck!

robp said...

I'll run to the liquor store as a supportive gesture. Is ten miles somewhere between one album and two? I'm sure you can make it. Cheers.

jenniferpkelly said...

Thanks. Rob, depends on the album...it'd be about 3-4 times through the Ty Segall, but only once plus through London Calling.

I'm leaving now. Let you all know how it goes.

jenniferpkelly said...

Okay that was amazingly painful, worse than a marathon in some ways.

I finished in 1:35:56...154th overall, 23rd woman and 12th in my age group. I was on an eight minute pace for the first seven miles, but kind of lost it in the hills. the last mile had a 500 foot net elevation in it. Very beautiful at the top of the mountain though.

robp said...

Glad you lived to post about it. I'm personally considering running to the liquor store in a few minutes. It ain't far away but it's overpriced and I don't shoot well when I'm drunk so I may have to skip it.