Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sundays are lovely, aren't they?

Just pottering around, starting to think about questions for my Weds. interview with Daniel Lopatin (any ideas anyone?), more likely to attack the crossword instead. We went into Brattleboro to get the groceries this a.m., and what a nice little jaunt that is on a sunny day in August...coffee afterwards in Pliny Park, a scavenge through Basket Books (I bought Schopenhauer's Telescope by Gerard Donovan...could just spend the afternoon reading that, couldn't I?)

Also cleaned out my closet and got rid of a ton of stuff, lots of career-wear, sized four, circa late 1980s-early 1990s, way too small these days and anyway far too chic for my current life. The one that breaks my heart is a black Italian sheathe dress with a small short jacket over it, which I remember looking pretty fabulous in, but it was very tight even before I had Sean and impossible now. I think I got it at Century and it still had the runway label, in Italian, when I bought it. I'm going to attack one pile of garbage every day until I get through the house.

Had a nice run, too, though I cannot for the life of me remember where I turned around. I'm going to say it was a six. I was daydreaming and listening to the new Frankie Rose (pretty good on one time through).

Anyway, apropos of nothing, this song came on at random and I realized how much I love it.



No comments: