Yeah, I know, I've been pretty slack about this, not sure if anyone cares, really.
I haven't had any music stuff to post in a while, still putting it in at the top of the funnel, but it seems to be getting stuck somewhere before it comes out the bottom. Anyway, it looks like a few things will run this week. Meanwhile, what have I been doing?
1. Reading: Inkspell, yes a kid's book, my son got me hooked on this stuff. It's a fantasy where certain people can read themselves into stories and, occasionally, read characters out into the "real world." (Which is also in a book, come to think about it.) Also a really not that great book about the Australian band the Church, which I have to review fairly soon. The odd thing is that the author is just incredibly enamored of the band and Steve Kilbey, to the extent that he doesn't seem to register how psychotic the guy is. Anyway...50 pages to go on that, and then I might read the new Richard Ford book whose name escapes me at the moment, the new one in the Sportswriter trilogy.
2. Movies: Re-watched the first Lord of the Rings with Sean, who was kind of freaked out by the whole entreprise when they came out the first time and now wants to catch up. Also "12" a Russian language re-conception of the play "12 Angry Men" which at 3 hours long is a little actor-y (everybody gets a wrenching moment, which may, in certain cases, drag on for five minutes or so), but had some very fine performances.
3. Working: Not enough and not getting paid for what I've done, but I've had a couple of new projects come in lately, so maybe we will be able to scrape our way back into the middle class soon.
4. Running: I am in such awesome shape now, ten miles is nothing, and I've been doing 50-55 per week for a month and a half with no injuries. I'm starting to feel like i did when I was 28-29 again, like everything works and nothing is extraneous and I could go forever. But I suppose I really can't anymore. I've lost a few pounds without trying at all.
5. Family. Sean's in a production of Grease, now, so lots of driving again.
6. Rock 'n roll. Bought a very intriguing CD by Bobb Trimble yesterday, also caught Kurt Vile again and BLues Control for the first time last night...I have a write-up coming at some point. Both really excellent, but if you go to Blues Control bring ear plugs. I got a new CD by Yoko Ono, the other day, imagine that! Also some cool looking stuff by Slaraffenland, Malcolm Middleton, Fruit Bats, etc...
So, hopefully at some point I'll have something to say again.